Switchboard Repairs and Replacement
The main function of a switchboard is to control the flow of power. The electricity that comes in from the utility company is divided and distributed as required, to different areas and rooms in your home or commercial building. There are different types of switchboards with variants such as interrupt rating, current rating, voltage type and construction type as well as insulation medium and operating type etc.
When any switchboard repairs or replacement in Sydney has to be done, it’s important that only a licensed and insured electrical company like ours to handle the job. We will conduct tests to check power load etc.and then make recommendations of the type and capacity of switchboard you require. The power distribution that happens at the switchboard is dependent on the amount of power required by a device to function well.
If you notice some erratic functioning of the switchboards on your property, it’s important that you callus to inspect and test the installation. Our electricians will be able to give you an objective opinion on whether repairs are required or replacement would be a better solution. It’s never a good idea to turn switchboard replacement or repairs into a DIY project as that can expose you to electrocution risk and can lead to a fire hazard as well. We at Bargo Electrical Services provide excellent and reliable switchboard upgrade in Sydney at very cost-effective pricing.
Switchboards and the circuit breaker fixtures in them are extremely sensitive pieces of electrical equipment, but they are very resilient and hardy as well. However,there are some things that can go awry with these installations. Some common signs of problems in switchboards include:
- A fuse constantly blows and you find that you are replacing the fuse wire very often.
- Flickering lights on your property
- If you have the new type of switchboard with circuit breakers in it, you find that the circuit breaker trips very often and you have to reset it every now and then.
- 1. Residential switchboard replacement
If your home is older than 20 years and has older wiring and switchboards with old type fuses, it’s time to get it replaced without delay. This is recommended instead of a switchboard repair. This is because the older switchboards don’t have circuit breakers or RCDs and don’t have the capacity to deal with the power demands of modern appliances such as computers, fridges, ovens, washing machines, air conditioning etc. The electrical company will test the existing system, assess your power needs and then recommend which systems will work best for you.
- 2. Residential switchboard replacement
Commercial switchboard installation requirements are very different from residential ones; the latter don’t have to bear the load of very heavy –duty equipment. On the other hand, factories, retail establishments, and office buildings need more complex and specialised switchboards and most of these have three-phase power to deal with their extensive power demands.
- Compliant with Australian Industry Standards
- Licensed and insured company
- Complete consultation and testing of existing switchboards
- Use guaranteed, branded products in the installations
- Can handle residential and commercial switchboard repairs and replacements
- Provide guarantees for our work
- Provide a completion certificate at the end of the switchboard repairs/ replacement job
- We offer 24/7 emergency response for switchboard repairs